Are you like me and have left your Christmas/holiday shopping a bit late? We’ve pulled together a list of 10 practical gifts for gardeners for you to get some inspiration. I promise, not a set of reusable garden plant labels in sight!
- Help the vegetable gardener in your life get ahead in the growing season with a double row polytunnel by Haxnicks. These are great and helped us get salad leaves, brassicas, tomatoes and more over six weeks before our neighbors.
Tierra Garden 50-5000 Haxnicks Easy Poly Tunnel, Giant
- Haxnicks also have a large double row fleece tunnel to protect your crops from frost to extend the season into the autumn and help you get the most from your garden. These are great to help you get the last of those frost tender plants and even keep some hardier crops going into winter. Tierra Garden 50-5010 Haxnicks Easy Fleece Tunnel, Giant
- Seeds are always welcome by vegetable gardeners. We like these Non-GMO bulk packs for survivalists, preppers and gardeners alike. From beets to pumpkins, celery to watermelon there’s sure to be something for everyone.
Heirloom Vegetable Seeds Bulk PackAnd for an organic seed selection try these:
10,000+ Organic Vegetable Seeds 30 Pack Variety
If the gardener in your live is like us and wants something more unusual to try this seed set has quinoa, stevia, warty pumpkins and tomatillos.
“The Adventuresome Gardener” 10 Unusual Seed Packets By Botanical Interests in Gift Box
- The holidays is a perfect time to give a new tool set. I particularly like Fiskars and have always found them to be comfortable and reliable as well as easy to clean and sharpen. This set comes with soft easy grip handles for a trowel, transplanter and cultivator to loosen soil.
Fiskars 3 Piece Softouch Garden Tool Set (7067)
- A great gift for the gardener who likes to recycle and reuse is the PotMaker which allows you to make biodegradable pots for seeds and seedlings from newspaper.
PotMaker® The Original Pot Maker
- Looking for something a bit different? A gardening knife or Hori Hori might be just the ticket. A 7 inch 420 steel blade with a wooden handle is ideal for weeding, pruning, grafting, harvesting and more. The blade is slightly curved which means you can even dig with it!
Hori Hori Garden Knife with Extra Sharp Blade and Thick Leather Sheath – Garden and Camping Knife, in Gift Box, with a Free Sharpening Whetstone. Makes a Great Christmas Gift for Gardeners!
- Small space to grow on? This tiered raised bed system will help maximize the output on a small plot. You can grow herbs, veggies, fruit or flowers in them and they look super pretty too.
Greenes 4 Ft. X 4 Ft. X 21 In. Tiered Cedar Raised Garden Bed
- Lots of gardening usually means dry hands. Treat them to some super rich Crabtree & Evelyn Gardeners Hand Recovery lotion to help sooth chapped or sore hands.
Crabtree & Evelyn Hand Recovery, 3.5 fl. oz.
- Encourage composting with these stylish kitchen compost crocks to stow away the kitchen scraps before heading to the compost heap.
Rustic Kitchen Compost Crock
- A wormery or worm compost system is incredibly useful to any gardener for making compost and nutrition liquid feed. These sets are low odor in comparison to other composting techniques and come with all you need, just add worms and kitchen waste.
Worm Factory 360 WF360G Worm Composter, Green
What have you got for the gardeners in your life?