Forum Moderation Rules
Misfit Gardening Community Forums are about sharing knowledge and experience in various homesteading topics.
We’re building a friendly and inviting atmosphere for people to participate on a regular basis.
The basic ground rules for the Misfit Gardening Community Forums are as follows:
- Treat people the way you want to be treated.
- Don’t type something you wouldn’t say to someone’s face.
- Take time to understand someone else’s perspective; if you disagree, respectfully explain why.
Discussions, disagreements and debates are a normal part of life and are a chance to learn and grow, but they can easily go wrong on forums because it can be difficult to decipher context (have you ever misunderstood a text message?).
So assume the commenter has the best of intentions before responding and approach discussions with an open mind.
Criticism is welcome in the Misfit Gardening Community Forums but hostile marketing, abuse of any sort, over self-promotion, or vendor marketing is not.
Stay on point by using concise language. If your comment is more than a few paragraphs, consider publishing it on your own site instead; links to blogs and information are welcome in the forum but not affiliate links.
Your comment may be deleted if it matches any of the following criteria:
- Advocates an illegal practice
- Uses vulgar, profane, or unnecessarily harsh language
- Is spam
- Promotes a self-interest such as employer, or affiliate
- Contains an affiliate link
- Is written anonymously
- Contains copyrighted material not licensed for distribution on the site
- Impersonates another user
- Insults others, including the use of racist or sexist terms
- Links to inappropriate material including but not limited to pornography, illicit substances or materials
Anyone can comment or participate in the Misfit Gardening Community Forums on our sites but we reserve the right to delete comments and forum postings as we see fit.
These guidelines are not meant to be exhaustive; Misfit Gardening moderators reserve the right to delete comments at their own discretion. Our moderators aim to promote the interests of the entire community maintaining a safe and friendly community.
How Do I Report Comments?
If you believe a comment/forum post violates any of the listed guidelines, or you feel a post needs moderation/special attention the quickest way is to use the form on the Contact Us page and include in the comment section of the form “Forum/Comment Moderation”.
Thank you for making the Misfit Gardening Community Forums a place for all to share and discuss knowledge.