As I mentioned in my biodynamic post; JimJim very kindly made me a raised bed to avoid contamination from his gardening methods.
So step by step, this is how we (ok, he) did it:
1. Gather the equipment you require:
screwdriver or a screwdriver bit for the drill
2. Measure and cut
Our beds are 8 feet wide by 12 feet long.
3. Lay it out and check the size, shape and that you’ve cut it properly
4. Once you’re happy with the layout, you can bolt on the hinges or nail the planks together
5. If you have put the frame together somewhere else, enlist the help of a neighbor with beer and move it to where it needs to go.
6. Cover with cardboard to suppress the grass
Overlap the edges to reduce the likelihood of grass or weeds coming through.
7. Flatten the cardboard down and check for gaps in the layers
8. If desired add another layer of mulch such as grass clippings. We added some raked leaves from the orchard at my old house.
9. Cover the card with compost or soil
10. Level the soil then plant up